Latest update: October 7th 2010
†GLEN ELGIN DISTILLERY PICTURES
Glen Elgin distillery was built between 1898 and 1900, by William Simpson and James Carle. In 1901 the distillery was sold to the Glen Elgin-Glenlivet Distillery Co Ltd, and was closed again in 1902. Whisky merchant John Balanche, acquired the distillery in 1907. The distillery ran from that time on, there were some changes in ownership and in 1964 the distillery was rebuilt. They went from 2 to 6 stills, and it was licensed to White Horse Distillers Ltd. White Horse Distillers is now part of Diagio. Currently the distillery has 4 wash en 3 spirit stills.
This distillery was visited as part of the Autumn Spirit of Speyside Festival.